Wednesday, September 21, 2016

G.O.A.T

MY G.O.A.T would have to be, hands down, Pam Oliver!
 
Image result for pam oliver
Photo is Property of Every Joe
Now, lets just be real here. Pam Oliver is well known (especially in the African American community) for having the bad weave, for having the messed up makeup, and being humiliated by the Fox Sports Network in 2014, then being extended an offer to come back to FOX in early 2015.
Image result for pam oliver
I would be remised if I didn't mention what she isn't known for, but what's so great about her. As an army child, she constantly moving from state to state and preferred watching sports over anything else, similar to myself. In high school she excelled as an All-American athlete, and she chose to be HBCU educated at Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University, obtaining a degree in broadcast journalism.

Image result for pam oliverPam Oliver took the ultimate path to success, it wasn't an easy or straight path to follow, until she stuck to her plan and remained focused and moved up the ladder. Oliver began her broadcasting career at WALB in Albany, Georgia in 1985 as a news reporter. The next year, Oliver moved to WAAY-TV in Huntsville, Alabama. After that stop, Oliver moved to WIVB-TV in Buffalo, New York in 1988. Two years later in 1990, Oliver moved to WTVT in Tampa, Florida, where she began her career as a sports anchor in 1991. Oliver moved to KHOU-TV in Houston, where she continued to be a sports anchor.In 1993, Oliver joined the sports television network ESPN. In 1995, Oliver joined Fox Sports, where she worked as a sideline reporter with the network's number-one broadcast team, Pat Summerall and John Madden In 2005, Oliver joined TNT as a sideline reporter for their NBA Playoffs coverage.

I one day aspire to follow in the exact shoes of Pam Oliver. Since I was a girl, I always stayed close to my dad, my brothers and sports, basketball and football specifically. I would like to specifically work for the Entertainment Sports Programming Network, better known as ESPN, one of the largest sports media outlets! I hope that I am as successful as she was in all of my endeavors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment